09 Nov How I got a FREE Epcot Vacation
Can you believe it’s possible to get free tickets to Epcot at Disney World and a free trip? It’s almost time for the holidays and for many families, that means it’s time to visit Grandma and Grandpa and enjoy a few days at the Magic Kingdom. Yes, this really happened and yes it can be done!
I signed up for Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® when my wife told me she dislikes theme parks, but would to go to Epcot if I bought her ticket. I took the challenge and treated her to a wonderful Epcot vacation and we enjoyed great food and drinks.
Here’s my system: I consolidated all of my spending including bills, groceries, gas, and holiday shopping to meet the requirement of spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. Once I met the spend, the $400 bonus was posted to my account and could be used towards travel purchases. A few other ways to meet the spend include:
- Home renovation
- Buy everything for the household on one card and get reimbursed
- Work expenses
- Car repairs
- Tax spending
- Paying tuition
The best thing about the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is they consider purchases within an amusement park “travel” purchases so anything we bought in the park could be reimbursed.
So here’s the rundown on our free trip to Epcot:
- 2 Epcot Park passes $220
- Parking $0 took the hotel shuttle
- Fish & Chips at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop in Disney World’s Epcot $9
- Tequila Flight at La Cava del Tequila $24
- Chips and salsa at La Cava del Tequila $0
- Fine dining at Monsieur Paul (shared the entre) $100
- Hotel Room in Orlando for 1 night (yes Orlando is really inexpensive) $40
- Bottles of water (bought 4 cheap bottles and refilled them) $5
- Free breakfast $0
We live in Florid and drove to Disney World, so we didn’t need airfare. We drove her little Honda Fit which sips gas and made it back on a half a tank. There are several other credit cards you could use to do this, but the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® was easy to use and they treated me right. The offer is still good, I hope you check out their site and plan your own free trip to Epcot!